[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Search for intersection ?

Search for intersection ?

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Search for intersection ?

Postby Cecil.Dowd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm

I know I used to do that, but haven't searched for an intersection and I am not sure how to do it.

Can someone give me a refresher?
Cecil.Dowd
Active User
Active User

Re: Search for intersection ?

Postby Ruby22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Real simple. Open the Street Search dialog and type in the street name (no number), the city and the state. Then, type the cross street and press search. I've actually had pretty good luck with it.
Ruby22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Cecil.Dowd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Thank you. But, why can't I include an address number? What if I am interested in a specific intersection?
Cecil.Dowd
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

You don't need street numbers. the street number might be wrong or a little off when doing a search using an intersection.

If you have the street number for the address, do a simple address search. Using a street number with cross streets is counter productive since the address number might not be exactly at the cross street and the program will not know how to do THAT type of search. Either use the street number and street for the search, or use no numbers and the street names, city, state for each cross street reference, but not both.

For example, "Hollywood blvd, Hollywood, CA" in the 'street address' search box and "Vine St, Hollywood, CA" in the 'and/or a crossstreet' box and you'll be able to locate that famous intersection. Using a street number, too may not work unless you have an exact number for the intersection. It's also important to include the city and state for each street intersection reference.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013